Jun 6, 2011, 9:40 AM EDT
Mets fans are starting to work up a pretty healthy “Keep Jose Reyes” lather lately. And why not? He’s playing well. He’s not easily replaced. Letting him go will be downright depressing.
The security at Citi Field isn’t too crazy about it when you advertise the idea very much, however. That according to The7Line blog, who tells us today that he was kicked out of Citi Field last night for being a bit too enthusiastic with the “Don’t Trade Reyes” message.
To be fair here, as The7Line acknowledges, he was likely kicked out because he was handing out business cards for his blog and stuff, not simply because he held up a big “Don’t Trade Reyes” sign. Still, the way he was kicked out sounded rather low-rent, and I have this feeling this is going to be just the latest instance in which the Mets are cited for having a tin ear when it comes to P.R.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 101
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (102)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)