Jun 6, 2011, 9:40 AM EDT
Mets fans are starting to work up a pretty healthy “Keep Jose Reyes” lather lately. And why not? He’s playing well. He’s not easily replaced. Letting him go will be downright depressing.
The security at Citi Field isn’t too crazy about it when you advertise the idea very much, however. That according to The7Line blog, who tells us today that he was kicked out of Citi Field last night for being a bit too enthusiastic with the “Don’t Trade Reyes” message.
To be fair here, as The7Line acknowledges, he was likely kicked out because he was handing out business cards for his blog and stuff, not simply because he held up a big “Don’t Trade Reyes” sign. Still, the way he was kicked out sounded rather low-rent, and I have this feeling this is going to be just the latest instance in which the Mets are cited for having a tin ear when it comes to P.R.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17