Jun 6, 2011, 9:40 AM EDT
Mets fans are starting to work up a pretty healthy “Keep Jose Reyes” lather lately. And why not? He’s playing well. He’s not easily replaced. Letting him go will be downright depressing.
The security at Citi Field isn’t too crazy about it when you advertise the idea very much, however. That according to The7Line blog, who tells us today that he was kicked out of Citi Field last night for being a bit too enthusiastic with the “Don’t Trade Reyes” message.
To be fair here, as The7Line acknowledges, he was likely kicked out because he was handing out business cards for his blog and stuff, not simply because he held up a big “Don’t Trade Reyes” sign. Still, the way he was kicked out sounded rather low-rent, and I have this feeling this is going to be just the latest instance in which the Mets are cited for having a tin ear when it comes to P.R.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)