There’s hope for the rest of us: Alex Rodriguez and Cameron Diaz still together

Jun 6, 2011, 6:43 PM EST

Alex Rodriguez and Cameron Diaz Reuters

Our long national nightmare is over: Alex Rodriguez and Cameron Diaz attended the MTV Movie Awards afterparty at L.A. SoHo House together last night.

The New York Daily News reported last week that the pair had split, but if that was the case, it was apparently a very temporary arrangement.

According to Us Weekly, A-Rod and Diaz were spotted together on three evenings last week, with the big event following the MTV’s Movie Awards (a.k.a. Twilight-fest 2011).  A witness told the publication that the pair were “very affectionate” at the party. Yes, there was much hand holding and a little tonsil hockey mixed in.

We’re still digging to see if there’s anything to the rumors that Yuri Sucart is injecting both with Botox.

1. halladaysbicepts - Jun 6, 2011 at 6:58 PM

Stop it. Don’t dig for any information. This is as as old as the Posey story. Stop it. Stop it now. No more posts from me with this story or Posey. I will keep my word.

2. nocryinginbaseball07 - Jun 6, 2011 at 7:48 PM

That’s right; stop it. I could understand this being considered news in the pitiful world of non-football, but seriously? We’re playin’ baseball, here! Stories about baseball are actually available!

3. jimbo1949 - Jun 6, 2011 at 8:16 PM

dilligaff

• bigharold - Jun 7, 2011 at 1:52 AM

Or… DILLIGAS…

Which I don’t.

4. pisano - Jun 6, 2011 at 8:26 PM

Who gives a shit about Arod & his bitches, he’s paid to play baseball, not play with P***y. The last I heard he’s supposed to field the ball and hit it out of the park. In his own time he can play with his girlfriends. For the 27 mil+ per. for six months he should concentrate on the game.

5. royalsfaninfargo - Jun 6, 2011 at 8:30 PM

ARod was probably worried Anthony Weiner would friend her on Twitter!

• yankeesfanlen - Jun 6, 2011 at 8:52 PM

Fargo you get +1 because actually that is a hoot! Other than that, you’ve now been here long enough to know the mantra.

• royalsfaninfargo - Jun 6, 2011 at 8:56 PM

I wasnt going to say anything because i think this story is ridiculous and shouldnt be on this site, but i couldnt resist.

6. king3319 - Jun 6, 2011 at 11:26 PM

Fargo….Lmfao!!!! I could care less!!! Maybe tho a different chic is in order…some strange might help his numbers!!!

7. mvd513 - Jun 6, 2011 at 11:48 PM

I like baseball celebrity gossip.

Cubs shore up rotation with Jon Lester
  1. W. Myers (4545)
  2. M. Kemp (3640)
  3. M. Cabrera (2870)
  4. M. Morse (2558)
  5. J. Kang (2542)
  1. J. Upton (2468)
  2. A. Rios (2186)
  3. C. Headley (2160)
  4. W. Middlebrooks (2058)
  5. J. Peavy (1848)