Jun 6, 2011, 2:17 PM EDT
Brett Anderson was on his way to a breakout sophomore campaign last year when elbow problems ended his season on June 5 and the 23-year-old southpaw’s elbow is barking again.
Joe Stiglich of the San Jose Mercury News reports that Anderson has left the A’s on their East Coast road trip and is heading back to California to have his sore elbow examined by doctors.
Anderson began the season with a 2.84 ERA through 11 starts, including eight shutout innings against the Angels on May 26, but he’s given up 15 runs in two outings since then and Stiglich notes that his velocity was down last night versus the Red Sox.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 43
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 56
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 51
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 48
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 64
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)