Jun 6, 2011, 2:17 PM EST
Brett Anderson was on his way to a breakout sophomore campaign last year when elbow problems ended his season on June 5 and the 23-year-old southpaw’s elbow is barking again.
Joe Stiglich of the San Jose Mercury News reports that Anderson has left the A’s on their East Coast road trip and is heading back to California to have his sore elbow examined by doctors.
Anderson began the season with a 2.84 ERA through 11 starts, including eight shutout innings against the Angels on May 26, but he’s given up 15 runs in two outings since then and Stiglich notes that his velocity was down last night versus the Red Sox.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 0
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 41
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)