Jun 6, 2011, 2:17 PM EDT
Brett Anderson was on his way to a breakout sophomore campaign last year when elbow problems ended his season on June 5 and the 23-year-old southpaw’s elbow is barking again.
Joe Stiglich of the San Jose Mercury News reports that Anderson has left the A’s on their East Coast road trip and is heading back to California to have his sore elbow examined by doctors.
Anderson began the season with a 2.84 ERA through 11 starts, including eight shutout innings against the Angels on May 26, but he’s given up 15 runs in two outings since then and Stiglich notes that his velocity was down last night versus the Red Sox.
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 3
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 81
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 57
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)