Jun 6, 2011, 2:17 PM EDT
Brett Anderson was on his way to a breakout sophomore campaign last year when elbow problems ended his season on June 5 and the 23-year-old southpaw’s elbow is barking again.
Joe Stiglich of the San Jose Mercury News reports that Anderson has left the A’s on their East Coast road trip and is heading back to California to have his sore elbow examined by doctors.
Anderson began the season with a 2.84 ERA through 11 starts, including eight shutout innings against the Angels on May 26, but he’s given up 15 runs in two outings since then and Stiglich notes that his velocity was down last night versus the Red Sox.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 7
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)