Jun 6, 2011, 1:24 PM EDT
Wandy Rodriguez threw 60 pitches in a bullpen session yesterday and Zachary Levine of the Houston Chronicle reports that the Astros now expect him to come off the disabled list when eligible next Monday.
He’ll first have to avoid a setback with his elbow injury while making a rehab start Wednesday at Double-A, but Levine writes that he’ll likely be limited to 50-60 pitches in that outing.
Rodriguez said after the bullpen session that he “felt great” and “didn’t have any problem.”
Top prospect Jordan Lyles took Rodriguez’s spot in the rotation and pitched well in his debut, but the 20-year-old former first-round pick struggled yesterday versus the Padres and seems likely to be sent back down when Rodriguez returns.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 70
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 47
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)