Jun 7, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
Major League Baseball has announced the latest in the A.L. All-Star balloting and the most interesting voting race is at first base, where Mark Teixeira and Adrian Gonzalez are neck and neck. Teixeira has 1,333,445 votes. Gonzalez has 1,268,706.
And someone please tell me why Joe Mauer is in second place at catcher. Dude has played, what, nine games?
- Michael Wacha to make first rehab start Sunday with the Double-A Springfield Cardinals 0
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 20
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 11
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (90)