Jun 7, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
Reds’ flamethrower Aroldis Chapman was sent down to AAA because he couldn’t locate the strike zone. Well, his control improved a tick once he went down to Louisville, but it came at the expense of his stuff, because he got tattooed there: nine hits and seven earned runs in 4.2 innings. As a result, the Reds have now sent him down another rung to Double-A Carolina.
I’m somewhat torn about this. On the one hand, I want to see him succeed, because he has crazy heat and that’s cool. On the other hand, if he continues to struggle he might eventually end up with the Dayton Dragons, and that’s not very far from me!
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 38
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)