Jun 7, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
Reds’ flamethrower Aroldis Chapman was sent down to AAA because he couldn’t locate the strike zone. Well, his control improved a tick once he went down to Louisville, but it came at the expense of his stuff, because he got tattooed there: nine hits and seven earned runs in 4.2 innings. As a result, the Reds have now sent him down another rung to Double-A Carolina.
I’m somewhat torn about this. On the one hand, I want to see him succeed, because he has crazy heat and that’s cool. On the other hand, if he continues to struggle he might eventually end up with the Dayton Dragons, and that’s not very far from me!
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 36
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 74
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (100)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)