Jun 7, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
Reds’ flamethrower Aroldis Chapman was sent down to AAA because he couldn’t locate the strike zone. Well, his control improved a tick once he went down to Louisville, but it came at the expense of his stuff, because he got tattooed there: nine hits and seven earned runs in 4.2 innings. As a result, the Reds have now sent him down another rung to Double-A Carolina.
I’m somewhat torn about this. On the one hand, I want to see him succeed, because he has crazy heat and that’s cool. On the other hand, if he continues to struggle he might eventually end up with the Dayton Dragons, and that’s not very far from me!
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 0
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 9
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 87
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (87)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (78)