Jun 7, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
Reds’ flamethrower Aroldis Chapman was sent down to AAA because he couldn’t locate the strike zone. Well, his control improved a tick once he went down to Louisville, but it came at the expense of his stuff, because he got tattooed there: nine hits and seven earned runs in 4.2 innings. As a result, the Reds have now sent him down another rung to Double-A Carolina.
I’m somewhat torn about this. On the one hand, I want to see him succeed, because he has crazy heat and that’s cool. On the other hand, if he continues to struggle he might eventually end up with the Dayton Dragons, and that’s not very far from me!
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)