Jun 7, 2011, 10:28 PM EDT
After being shutout 4-0 by the Orioles earlier tonight, the Athletics have now lost eight consecutive games. Could things get even uglier soon? Well, maybe.
According to Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle, Brett Anderson will soon get a second opinion on his left elbow from Dr. James Andrews.
Anderson underwent an MRI with a team orthopedist today, but the Athletics want to get Andrews’ opinion before drawing any conclusions about a course of action. Of course, visits to Dr. Andrews don’t always result in surgery, but the natural concern is that Tommy John surgery could be in his future.
Anderson was placed on the 15-day disabled list earlier today with left elbow soreness. The 23-year-old left-hander is 3-6 with a 4.00 ERA and 61/25 K/BB ratio over his first 13 starts this season. He signed a four-year, $12.5 million extension with the Athletics last April that includes club options for 2014 and 2015.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (93)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (86)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)