Jun 7, 2011, 10:28 PM EDT
After being shutout 4-0 by the Orioles earlier tonight, the Athletics have now lost eight consecutive games. Could things get even uglier soon? Well, maybe.
According to Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle, Brett Anderson will soon get a second opinion on his left elbow from Dr. James Andrews.
Anderson underwent an MRI with a team orthopedist today, but the Athletics want to get Andrews’ opinion before drawing any conclusions about a course of action. Of course, visits to Dr. Andrews don’t always result in surgery, but the natural concern is that Tommy John surgery could be in his future.
Anderson was placed on the 15-day disabled list earlier today with left elbow soreness. The 23-year-old left-hander is 3-6 with a 4.00 ERA and 61/25 K/BB ratio over his first 13 starts this season. He signed a four-year, $12.5 million extension with the Athletics last April that includes club options for 2014 and 2015.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 21
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)