Jun 7, 2011, 10:28 PM EDT
After being shutout 4-0 by the Orioles earlier tonight, the Athletics have now lost eight consecutive games. Could things get even uglier soon? Well, maybe.
According to Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle, Brett Anderson will soon get a second opinion on his left elbow from Dr. James Andrews.
Anderson underwent an MRI with a team orthopedist today, but the Athletics want to get Andrews’ opinion before drawing any conclusions about a course of action. Of course, visits to Dr. Andrews don’t always result in surgery, but the natural concern is that Tommy John surgery could be in his future.
Anderson was placed on the 15-day disabled list earlier today with left elbow soreness. The 23-year-old left-hander is 3-6 with a 4.00 ERA and 61/25 K/BB ratio over his first 13 starts this season. He signed a four-year, $12.5 million extension with the Athletics last April that includes club options for 2014 and 2015.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)