Jun 7, 2011, 8:47 AM EDT
A funny thing happened yesterday: Carlos Zambrano‘s Sunday rant about the Cubs being “embarrassing” went over really well with Cubs fans. Seemed Zambrano said something that they needed someone else besides themselves to say. That this outfit is playing poorly and needs to get better.
As such, Zambrano didn’t apologize generally for his comments. He did apologize to Carlos Marmol, who he had singled out, and Marmol said it was all behind them. He wasn’t fined or disciplined by the Cubs either. Mike Quade talked to Zambrano in his office, but he comments afterward — people blow things out of proportion — suggest that he either didn’t have a problem with Zambrano’s words or else he read the tea leaves properly and decided that having a problem with them wasn’t the right play in the current environment.
So alls well that ends well. Now, if the Cubs could just figure out how to break this losing streak.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 2
- Orioles finally lose a game when leading after seven 6
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 11
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 6
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 29
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3