Jun 7, 2011, 8:47 AM EST
A funny thing happened yesterday: Carlos Zambrano‘s Sunday rant about the Cubs being “embarrassing” went over really well with Cubs fans. Seemed Zambrano said something that they needed someone else besides themselves to say. That this outfit is playing poorly and needs to get better.
As such, Zambrano didn’t apologize generally for his comments. He did apologize to Carlos Marmol, who he had singled out, and Marmol said it was all behind them. He wasn’t fined or disciplined by the Cubs either. Mike Quade talked to Zambrano in his office, but he comments afterward — people blow things out of proportion — suggest that he either didn’t have a problem with Zambrano’s words or else he read the tea leaves properly and decided that having a problem with them wasn’t the right play in the current environment.
So alls well that ends well. Now, if the Cubs could just figure out how to break this losing streak.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 14
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 41
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15