Jun 7, 2011, 6:17 PM EDT
*Assuming you happen to play fantasy sports, of course.
The San Francisco Chronicle’s Giants beat writer just tweeted:
Future tip: if you want me to answer a question, never include “fantasy team.” RT @NickJBurrows: Panda return? My fantasy team needs him.
Yeah, Hank, it’s an insult to your whole prefession, being asked a question by someone who likes a game.
That baseball itself is a game, well… maybe we can get back to that one.
The fact is that the fantasy-lover’s need-to-know is a big reason guys like Hank still have jobs (and why I ever got one in the first place). If it weren’t for that, newspapers would be cutting back their sports coverage even more, and even if Schulman survived the cut, some of his friends wouldn’t and the available supply and lessening demand would likely eat into his salary.
So, you can continue to look down on us if you want, Hank. If that makes you feel better about yourself. But you should sure as hell be thankful for our presence.
- Miguel Cabrera ties Hank Greenberg with 331st career homer 0
- Bud Selig’s view on replay has “evolved” 11
- Umpires use replay on controversial Matt Joyce home run 8
- Rangers put Ian Kinsler on the 15-day disabled list and call up top prospect Jurickson Profar 5
- Carlos Ruiz leaves game with strained right hamstring 2
- Live Extra: Watch live coverage of Penguins-Senators
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles