Jun 7, 2011, 6:17 PM EDT
*Assuming you happen to play fantasy sports, of course.
The San Francisco Chronicle’s Giants beat writer just tweeted:
Future tip: if you want me to answer a question, never include “fantasy team.” RT @NickJBurrows: Panda return? My fantasy team needs him.
Yeah, Hank, it’s an insult to your whole prefession, being asked a question by someone who likes a game.
That baseball itself is a game, well… maybe we can get back to that one.
The fact is that the fantasy-lover’s need-to-know is a big reason guys like Hank still have jobs (and why I ever got one in the first place). If it weren’t for that, newspapers would be cutting back their sports coverage even more, and even if Schulman survived the cut, some of his friends wouldn’t and the available supply and lessening demand would likely eat into his salary.
So, you can continue to look down on us if you want, Hank. If that makes you feel better about yourself. But you should sure as hell be thankful for our presence.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 45
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 76
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 56
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 50
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 95
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (95)