Jun 7, 2011, 6:17 PM EST
*Assuming you happen to play fantasy sports, of course.
The San Francisco Chronicle’s Giants beat writer just tweeted:
Future tip: if you want me to answer a question, never include “fantasy team.” RT @NickJBurrows: Panda return? My fantasy team needs him.
Yeah, Hank, it’s an insult to your whole prefession, being asked a question by someone who likes a game.
That baseball itself is a game, well… maybe we can get back to that one.
The fact is that the fantasy-lover’s need-to-know is a big reason guys like Hank still have jobs (and why I ever got one in the first place). If it weren’t for that, newspapers would be cutting back their sports coverage even more, and even if Schulman survived the cut, some of his friends wouldn’t and the available supply and lessening demand would likely eat into his salary.
So, you can continue to look down on us if you want, Hank. If that makes you feel better about yourself. But you should sure as hell be thankful for our presence.
- David Ortiz and Robinson Cano give their Super Bowl XLIX predictions 0
- Zack Greinke hasn’t made decision about opt-out 7
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 20
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 106
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (106)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)