Jun 7, 2011, 6:17 PM EDT
*Assuming you happen to play fantasy sports, of course.
The San Francisco Chronicle’s Giants beat writer just tweeted:
Future tip: if you want me to answer a question, never include “fantasy team.” RT @NickJBurrows: Panda return? My fantasy team needs him.
Yeah, Hank, it’s an insult to your whole prefession, being asked a question by someone who likes a game.
That baseball itself is a game, well… maybe we can get back to that one.
The fact is that the fantasy-lover’s need-to-know is a big reason guys like Hank still have jobs (and why I ever got one in the first place). If it weren’t for that, newspapers would be cutting back their sports coverage even more, and even if Schulman survived the cut, some of his friends wouldn’t and the available supply and lessening demand would likely eat into his salary.
So, you can continue to look down on us if you want, Hank. If that makes you feel better about yourself. But you should sure as hell be thankful for our presence.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)