Jun 7, 2011, 6:17 PM EDT
*Assuming you happen to play fantasy sports, of course.
The San Francisco Chronicle’s Giants beat writer just tweeted:
Future tip: if you want me to answer a question, never include “fantasy team.” RT @NickJBurrows: Panda return? My fantasy team needs him.
Yeah, Hank, it’s an insult to your whole prefession, being asked a question by someone who likes a game.
That baseball itself is a game, well… maybe we can get back to that one.
The fact is that the fantasy-lover’s need-to-know is a big reason guys like Hank still have jobs (and why I ever got one in the first place). If it weren’t for that, newspapers would be cutting back their sports coverage even more, and even if Schulman survived the cut, some of his friends wouldn’t and the available supply and lessening demand would likely eat into his salary.
So, you can continue to look down on us if you want, Hank. If that makes you feel better about yourself. But you should sure as hell be thankful for our presence.
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 0
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a serious Achilles injury Saturday night 3
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 7
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 89
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 77
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)