Jun 7, 2011, 11:35 AM EDT
In that first Bryce Harper post this morning I wrote:
Maybe he gets away with that kind of thing in A-ball. But if he doesn’t learn a bit of humility at some point on his journey to greatness, he’s going to get his ribs broken.
To be clear, that was a prediction, not a prescription, as I don’t approve of guys throwing at each other for slights real or imagined any more than I approve of hitters trying to show up pitchers.
Over at IIATMS today, Brien Jackson takes that idea and runs with it, explaining his disapproval at beanball wars (or mere plunk-fests) in more or less the same way I feel about it.
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 30
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 14
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 67
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86