Jun 7, 2011, 11:35 AM EDT
In that first Bryce Harper post this morning I wrote:
Maybe he gets away with that kind of thing in A-ball. But if he doesn’t learn a bit of humility at some point on his journey to greatness, he’s going to get his ribs broken.
To be clear, that was a prediction, not a prescription, as I don’t approve of guys throwing at each other for slights real or imagined any more than I approve of hitters trying to show up pitchers.
Over at IIATMS today, Brien Jackson takes that idea and runs with it, explaining his disapproval at beanball wars (or mere plunk-fests) in more or less the same way I feel about it.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (123)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona