Jun 7, 2011, 7:30 PM EDT
All that stuff we were hearing last night? Forget it.
“I just saw the doctor, and I think we’re going to have to go the conservative route,” Peavy said. “Obviously, I wanted to try to push through it and do what we needed to do, but I think we’re looking at the disabled list just because of the MRI result and how may exam just went with the doctor.”
Peavy has been dealing with a sore right groin since May 30 and aggravated the injury while trying to cover first base during Sunday’s start against the Tigers. He was eventually pulled from the game after allowing six runs on three hits and three walks over four innings.
The White Sox have employed a six-man rotation since Peavy returned from shoulder surgery last month, so they will simply go back to a traditional five-man rotation while he’s on the disabled list.
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 0
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 9
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 9
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 77
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)