Jun 7, 2011, 7:30 PM EDT
All that stuff we were hearing last night? Forget it.
“I just saw the doctor, and I think we’re going to have to go the conservative route,” Peavy said. “Obviously, I wanted to try to push through it and do what we needed to do, but I think we’re looking at the disabled list just because of the MRI result and how may exam just went with the doctor.”
Peavy has been dealing with a sore right groin since May 30 and aggravated the injury while trying to cover first base during Sunday’s start against the Tigers. He was eventually pulled from the game after allowing six runs on three hits and three walks over four innings.
The White Sox have employed a six-man rotation since Peavy returned from shoulder surgery last month, so they will simply go back to a traditional five-man rotation while he’s on the disabled list.
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- Wild Card Game: Giants vs. Pirates lineups 4
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)