Jun 7, 2011, 7:30 PM EDT
All that stuff we were hearing last night? Forget it.
“I just saw the doctor, and I think we’re going to have to go the conservative route,” Peavy said. “Obviously, I wanted to try to push through it and do what we needed to do, but I think we’re looking at the disabled list just because of the MRI result and how may exam just went with the doctor.”
Peavy has been dealing with a sore right groin since May 30 and aggravated the injury while trying to cover first base during Sunday’s start against the Tigers. He was eventually pulled from the game after allowing six runs on three hits and three walks over four innings.
The White Sox have employed a six-man rotation since Peavy returned from shoulder surgery last month, so they will simply go back to a traditional five-man rotation while he’s on the disabled list.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 127
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 132
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (132)
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (124)