Jun 7, 2011, 7:30 PM EST
All that stuff we were hearing last night? Forget it.
“I just saw the doctor, and I think we’re going to have to go the conservative route,” Peavy said. “Obviously, I wanted to try to push through it and do what we needed to do, but I think we’re looking at the disabled list just because of the MRI result and how may exam just went with the doctor.”
Peavy has been dealing with a sore right groin since May 30 and aggravated the injury while trying to cover first base during Sunday’s start against the Tigers. He was eventually pulled from the game after allowing six runs on three hits and three walks over four innings.
The White Sox have employed a six-man rotation since Peavy returned from shoulder surgery last month, so they will simply go back to a traditional five-man rotation while he’s on the disabled list.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 7
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 276
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (276)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)