Jun 7, 2011, 7:30 PM EDT
All that stuff we were hearing last night? Forget it.
“I just saw the doctor, and I think we’re going to have to go the conservative route,” Peavy said. “Obviously, I wanted to try to push through it and do what we needed to do, but I think we’re looking at the disabled list just because of the MRI result and how may exam just went with the doctor.”
Peavy has been dealing with a sore right groin since May 30 and aggravated the injury while trying to cover first base during Sunday’s start against the Tigers. He was eventually pulled from the game after allowing six runs on three hits and three walks over four innings.
The White Sox have employed a six-man rotation since Peavy returned from shoulder surgery last month, so they will simply go back to a traditional five-man rotation while he’s on the disabled list.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 22
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 39
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)