Jun 7, 2011, 5:43 PM EDT
As recently as yesterday Jimmy Rollins indicated that his injured right knee was feeling better, but an MRI exam revealed a deep bone bruise and Matt Gelb of the Philadelphia Inquirer reports the Phillies shortstop may be bound for the disabled list if things don’t improve within the next 48 hours.
According to Gelb “the MRI showed bruising on both his patella and another bone near his right kneecap.” Or as general manager Ruben Amaro Jr. put it: “He got himself pretty good.”
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 33
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 31
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 45
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 105
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 32