Jun 7, 2011, 8:25 PM EDT
7:38 PM: The Yankees are crossing their fingers are the moment.
Mark Teixeira was pulled from tonight’s game against the Red Sox in the bottom of the first inning after being hit in the right knee by a pitch by Jon Lester. He immediately fell to the ground in agony and had to be helped off the field.
X-rays will surely follow, so stay tuned for an update on his status.
Teixeira was replaced on the basepaths by Jorge Posada, which is a pretty interesting move considering how much he has struggled against southpaws this season.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 17
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 73
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)