Jun 7, 2011, 8:25 PM EDT
7:38 PM: The Yankees are crossing their fingers are the moment.
Mark Teixeira was pulled from tonight’s game against the Red Sox in the bottom of the first inning after being hit in the right knee by a pitch by Jon Lester. He immediately fell to the ground in agony and had to be helped off the field.
X-rays will surely follow, so stay tuned for an update on his status.
Teixeira was replaced on the basepaths by Jorge Posada, which is a pretty interesting move considering how much he has struggled against southpaws this season.
- Cubs to acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 17
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)