Jun 7, 2011, 8:25 PM EST
7:38 PM: The Yankees are crossing their fingers are the moment.
Mark Teixeira was pulled from tonight’s game against the Red Sox in the bottom of the first inning after being hit in the right knee by a pitch by Jon Lester. He immediately fell to the ground in agony and had to be helped off the field.
X-rays will surely follow, so stay tuned for an update on his status.
Teixeira was replaced on the basepaths by Jorge Posada, which is a pretty interesting move considering how much he has struggled against southpaws this season.
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 77
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 41
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 16
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (81)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)