Jun 7, 2011, 8:25 PM EST
7:38 PM: The Yankees are crossing their fingers are the moment.
Mark Teixeira was pulled from tonight’s game against the Red Sox in the bottom of the first inning after being hit in the right knee by a pitch by Jon Lester. He immediately fell to the ground in agony and had to be helped off the field.
X-rays will surely follow, so stay tuned for an update on his status.
Teixeira was replaced on the basepaths by Jorge Posada, which is a pretty interesting move considering how much he has struggled against southpaws this season.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 29
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)