Jun 7, 2011, 12:46 PM EDT
Ryan Zimmerman went 2-for-3 and played seven innings defensively last night at Single-A, but manager Jim Riggleman said the third baseman is “unlikely” to return from the disabled list before the Nationals end their 11-game road trip Sunday.
“We don’t want to push it,” Riggleman told Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post. “I really want him to be 100 percent. I don’t want any setbacks.”
Zimmerman was 10-for-28 (.357) with a homer through eight games, but he’s been out since mid-April with an abdominal injury that required surgery.
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 38
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 35
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 46
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 58
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)