Jun 7, 2011, 12:46 PM EDT
Ryan Zimmerman went 2-for-3 and played seven innings defensively last night at Single-A, but manager Jim Riggleman said the third baseman is “unlikely” to return from the disabled list before the Nationals end their 11-game road trip Sunday.
“We don’t want to push it,” Riggleman told Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post. “I really want him to be 100 percent. I don’t want any setbacks.”
Zimmerman was 10-for-28 (.357) with a homer through eight games, but he’s been out since mid-April with an abdominal injury that required surgery.
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 32
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 15
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 69
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86