Jun 8, 2011, 7:21 PM EDT
It’s the third straight game that he has been absent.
Longoria, 25, is batting just .246/.356/.430 with four home runs and 13 RBI in 33 games this season. He missed most of April and a part of May with a strained left oblique and is still trying to play catchup.
The Rays are currently 2 1/2 games behind the Yankees and Red Sox in the American League East.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 3
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 152
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (154)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)