Jun 8, 2011, 3:15 PM EDT
Jerry Hairston Jr. was set to appeal his one-game suspension at a hearing today, but that’s no longer necessary because he’s injured anyway.
Instead he’ll serve the suspension this afternoon while sidelined by back spasms, but Hairston told Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post that he still disagrees with MLB’s ruling that he made contact with umpire Ed Hickox while arguing a call.
He even called Hickox “a really good umpire.”
Alex Cora is starting at third base against the Giants in Hairston’s absence.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)