Jun 8, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Pablo Sandoval began a minor league rehab stint last week following his surgery at the beginning of May. It’s going well: last night he homered and drove in four runs for Fresno. Assuming no other physical setbacks, Sandoval could be activated by the weekend.
And the Giants could use him. When he went down he was hitting .313./.374/.530. At the moment, the Giants offense is second to last in the NL, averaging only 3.57 runs per game.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 42
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 57
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)