Jun 8, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Pablo Sandoval began a minor league rehab stint last week following his surgery at the beginning of May. It’s going well: last night he homered and drove in four runs for Fresno. Assuming no other physical setbacks, Sandoval could be activated by the weekend.
And the Giants could use him. When he went down he was hitting .313./.374/.530. At the moment, the Giants offense is second to last in the NL, averaging only 3.57 runs per game.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 153
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 132
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (165)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (134)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)