Jun 8, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Pablo Sandoval began a minor league rehab stint last week following his surgery at the beginning of May. It’s going well: last night he homered and drove in four runs for Fresno. Assuming no other physical setbacks, Sandoval could be activated by the weekend.
And the Giants could use him. When he went down he was hitting .313./.374/.530. At the moment, the Giants offense is second to last in the NL, averaging only 3.57 runs per game.
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 27
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 94
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 17
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)