Jun 8, 2011, 5:05 PM EDT
Hundley hit .263 with three homers and a .758 OPS in 27 games prior to the injury, which is downright Ruthian compared to how Rob Johnson and Kyle Phillips have fared splitting time at catcher in his place.
Johnson hit .129 while starting 19 times and Phillips hit .228 while starting 12 times, contributing to the Padres ranking dead last in scoring.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)