Jun 8, 2011, 9:12 PM EST
Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas has the goods.
The Rangers placed Ian Kinsler on baseball’s new paternity leave list Wednesday evening after the second baseman and his wife welcomed their second child on Wednesday afternoon.
The baby, given the name Jack Jamisson Kinsler, weighed in at 6 pounds, 9 ounces.
Kinsler is expected to spend Wednesday evening and all of Thursday with his wife and newborn child before returning to the Rangers’ starting lineup on Friday night in Minnesota. The two-time All-Star has posted an underwhelming .235/.356/.407 batting line, seven home runs and 23 RBI through 272 plate appearances this season, but the Rangers are surely pleased that he is at least staying healthy.
Texas recalled first baseman Chris Davis from Triple-A Round Rock to provide depth on the bench.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 75
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)