Jun 8, 2011, 9:12 PM EDT
Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas has the goods.
The Rangers placed Ian Kinsler on baseball’s new paternity leave list Wednesday evening after the second baseman and his wife welcomed their second child on Wednesday afternoon.
The baby, given the name Jack Jamisson Kinsler, weighed in at 6 pounds, 9 ounces.
Kinsler is expected to spend Wednesday evening and all of Thursday with his wife and newborn child before returning to the Rangers’ starting lineup on Friday night in Minnesota. The two-time All-Star has posted an underwhelming .235/.356/.407 batting line, seven home runs and 23 RBI through 272 plate appearances this season, but the Rangers are surely pleased that he is at least staying healthy.
Texas recalled first baseman Chris Davis from Triple-A Round Rock to provide depth on the bench.
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 38
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 45
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 19
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)