Jun 8, 2011, 9:12 PM EDT
Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas has the goods.
The Rangers placed Ian Kinsler on baseball’s new paternity leave list Wednesday evening after the second baseman and his wife welcomed their second child on Wednesday afternoon.
The baby, given the name Jack Jamisson Kinsler, weighed in at 6 pounds, 9 ounces.
Kinsler is expected to spend Wednesday evening and all of Thursday with his wife and newborn child before returning to the Rangers’ starting lineup on Friday night in Minnesota. The two-time All-Star has posted an underwhelming .235/.356/.407 batting line, seven home runs and 23 RBI through 272 plate appearances this season, but the Rangers are surely pleased that he is at least staying healthy.
Texas recalled first baseman Chris Davis from Triple-A Round Rock to provide depth on the bench.
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 6
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 16
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)