Jun 8, 2011, 9:12 PM EST
Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas has the goods.
The Rangers placed Ian Kinsler on baseball’s new paternity leave list Wednesday evening after the second baseman and his wife welcomed their second child on Wednesday afternoon.
The baby, given the name Jack Jamisson Kinsler, weighed in at 6 pounds, 9 ounces.
Kinsler is expected to spend Wednesday evening and all of Thursday with his wife and newborn child before returning to the Rangers’ starting lineup on Friday night in Minnesota. The two-time All-Star has posted an underwhelming .235/.356/.407 batting line, seven home runs and 23 RBI through 272 plate appearances this season, but the Rangers are surely pleased that he is at least staying healthy.
Texas recalled first baseman Chris Davis from Triple-A Round Rock to provide depth on the bench.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 30
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (114)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)