Jun 8, 2011, 8:46 AM EST
I missed this the other night, but Oney Guillen — son of Ozzie, enemy of Kenny Williams and former White Sox employee — wasn’t a big fan of the White Sox’ first pick the draft, Keenyn Walker. Here he is on Twitter:
Shocker white sox pick another good athlete black kid. How about picking a good baseball player
When people started asking him why he decided to inject race into it he said “People relax my comment has nothing to do with color just statting the obvious u guys overeact to everything lord.” Then he added the always-awesome “it is what it is.” Yep, it most certainly is, Oney!
Meanwhile, Ozzie Guillen — who should have been in a great mood given that his team just beat Seattle’s two aces on back-to-back nights — registered his displeasure with the universe last night:
Iam in very very bad mood stay away from me the most you can … A lees for a week better tha way
The general consensus: he’s mad that his other son, Ozney Guillen, fell like a rock in the draft, going to the Sox in the 22nd round. The Guillens figured he might be a tenth rounder. And maybe figured that, you know, the White Sox wouldn’t have to take him, given how much trouble family stuff has been in that organization, what with the Guillen boys, Kenny Williams’ kid, etc.
- Grant Balfour’s deal with Orioles in “serious jeopardy” due to shoulder issue 14
- Report: Rakuten will not allow Masahiro Tanaka come to the United States 63
- Mariners showing “continued interest” in Ervin Santana 10
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! 89
- Dodgers re-sign left-handed reliever J.P. Howell to a two-year, $11.5 million contract 4