Dylan Bundy would hit Bryce Harper four times if he blew a kiss at him

Jun 9, 2011, 2:00 PM EST

Bryce Harper

Dylan Bundy was the Orioles’ top draft pick.  I can’t say that I like interleague play, but based on what he said about the Bryce Harper argle-bargle while appearing on 105.7 The Fan in Baltimore yesterday, I’d like to see the Nats and Orioles play 50 times a year starting in 2013:

Host Steve Davis: “So Dylan I’ll ask you the question: if you were facing Bryce Harper in the next game or you were the next pitcher to face him, what happens to Bryce Harper?”

Dylan Bundy: “Well if I was pitching the next game I’d hit him all four at bats.”

Remember that stuff I said about someone in the Nats organization needing to sit down and talk with Harper?  Yeah, same goes for Bundy and the Orioles.

1. halladaysbicepts - Jun 9, 2011 at 2:08 PM

Who is Dylan Bundy again, Al Bundy’s illegitimate son?

I like his moxy, though.

• royalsfaninfargo - Jun 9, 2011 at 3:42 PM

Agreed “Cepts”. Maybe Nats/Orioles will be interesting in a few years.

2. paperlions - Jun 9, 2011 at 2:13 PM

I think those are his talk-radio muscles (a distant relative of beer muscles) talking.

• randomdigits - Jun 9, 2011 at 4:27 PM

You see the workout video with him and the heavy bag when he was all of 14 years old? Looks to me like he can back up his talk.

3. talbaugh - Jun 9, 2011 at 2:14 PM

>Yeah, same goes for Bundy and the Orioles.

I don’t agree at all. This exchange was harmless and fun.

Sensationalizing a wee bit, aren’t we Mr. Calcaterra?

• atworkident - Jun 9, 2011 at 2:31 PM

Ha… Craig sensationalizing a comment. That never happens.

4. Justin - Jun 9, 2011 at 2:44 PM

Maybe Bundy can put one close to Harper’s face and knock that mustache off that he had in the video.

5. jimbo1949 - Jun 9, 2011 at 3:41 PM

Would Bundy also blow a kiss at Harper when he did that or would he scream obscenities at Harper after he put one in the seats, like whatshisface did?

From Bozwell’s column:
    On Sunday, the Greensboro Grasshoppers drilled Harper in the knee with a pitch in the first inning, forcing him to wallow around and hop out of the game.
    “There’s bad blood between the teams,” Washington Nationals General Manager Mike Rizzo said. Harper, back in the lineup, fanned on Monday and got razzed. Yes, chirpy grasshoppers. Next time up, he smashed a ball off the pitcher for an infield single — a textbook payback. “There was a lot of mouthing off all game,” Rizzo said. Third time up, “Harper hit one 480 feet. He gave it a slow trot. The pitcher cussed him all around the bases,” Rizzo said.

Decision time: Do nothing, blow a kiss or start a brawl. Bryce went lover, not fighter.

6. boxchain - Jun 9, 2011 at 3:59 PM

Orioles and Bundy need to sit down and discuss a signing bonus first. Think this’ll affect his price? I doubt it. He’s not getting Strasburg money, but I expect to see something in the $6-10M range.

7. metalhead65 - Jun 9, 2011 at 6:41 PM

why are you still talking about this? the kid was simply giving his response to the pitcher who mouthed at him while he rounded the bases.nobody no matter how long they have been playing the game is going to take that without responding in some way. if he didn’t like it then he should not have given him a pitch he could hit out. what’s he suppose to do not hit it cause it might hurt somebody’s feelings? what because he is a bonus baby he can’t say anything back? if the next pitcher hits him then he should go to the mound just like any other ballplayer would.

8. jwbiii - Jun 10, 2011 at 12:02 AM

If Bundy hit Harper, I’m sure it would feel like a kiss.

Maddon has high hopes for Cubs
  1. H. Ramirez (4414)