Jun 10, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Rosenthal also notes that the Yankees pursued Hall during the offseason and could be interested in the veteran utility man again now.
Hall was released by the Astros two months into a one-year, $3 million deal after hitting just .224 with two homers and a .615 OPS in 46 games, which was a 160-point drop from his production with the Red Sox last season.
However, the 31-year-old Hall posted a .689 OPS in 2008 and a .596 OPS in 2009, so his solid season in Boston looks like the anomaly.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)