Jun 10, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Rosenthal also notes that the Yankees pursued Hall during the offseason and could be interested in the veteran utility man again now.
Hall was released by the Astros two months into a one-year, $3 million deal after hitting just .224 with two homers and a .615 OPS in 46 games, which was a 160-point drop from his production with the Red Sox last season.
However, the 31-year-old Hall posted a .689 OPS in 2008 and a .596 OPS in 2009, so his solid season in Boston looks like the anomaly.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 1
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 32
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 236
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (237)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)