Jun 10, 2011, 10:15 AM EST
Rosenthal also notes that the Yankees pursued Hall during the offseason and could be interested in the veteran utility man again now.
Hall was released by the Astros two months into a one-year, $3 million deal after hitting just .224 with two homers and a .615 OPS in 46 games, which was a 160-point drop from his production with the Red Sox last season.
However, the 31-year-old Hall posted a .689 OPS in 2008 and a .596 OPS in 2009, so his solid season in Boston looks like the anomaly.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (80)