Jun 10, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Rosenthal also notes that the Yankees pursued Hall during the offseason and could be interested in the veteran utility man again now.
Hall was released by the Astros two months into a one-year, $3 million deal after hitting just .224 with two homers and a .615 OPS in 46 games, which was a 160-point drop from his production with the Red Sox last season.
However, the 31-year-old Hall posted a .689 OPS in 2008 and a .596 OPS in 2009, so his solid season in Boston looks like the anomaly.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)