Jun 10, 2011, 12:38 PM EDT
The Nats’ 15th round pick was a shortstop named Zach Houchins, who played for Louisburg Junior College in North Carolina. Mr. Houchins used to have a Twitter account, but he deleted it after people noticed that he had a bunch of inflammatory stuff on there. A lesson Mr. Houchins was apparently not taught: deleting your Twitter account doesn’t really do anything because the Internet remembers everything. Here are the tweets, captured by the Nats blog For Love of the Nationals.
He’s not my son, so I’m not going to lecture him, but the tweets come off as totally jerky at best, racist at worst. According to Adam Kilgore, the Nationals are investigating the situation. My guess is that the investigation will really be the Nats monitoring how much of a sh*t storm this turns into. Which is pretty much how this sort of thing always goes.
Anyway, for those of you who are still unclear on the concept: Twitter is basically an open microphone hooked up to big ass Marshall amps set up on the public square of the biggest city on the planet. What you say there is going to be all over the place if anyone cares to look. Treat it as such.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 11
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 65
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 57
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 147
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (147)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)