Jun 10, 2011, 1:24 PM EDT
Gregerson isn’t a household name, but he has a 3.14 ERA and 196 strikeouts in 181 innings since debuting in 2009, including a 2.63 ERA in 30 appearances this season.
San Diego certainly has the bullpen depth to withstand losing Gregerson, as Heath Bell, Chad Qualls, Ernesto Frieri, Mike Adams, Pat Neshek, and Cory Luebke all have ERAs under 3.50 (thanks largely to Petco Park, but still).
Gregerson is hoping to return when eligible to come off the DL, but oblique injuries tend to linger.
- Mets acquire center fielder Carlos Gomez from Brewers 9
- Rangers “now clear-cut favorites” for Cole Hamels 41
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 56
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 66
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 47
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)