Jun 10, 2011, 1:24 PM EDT
Gregerson isn’t a household name, but he has a 3.14 ERA and 196 strikeouts in 181 innings since debuting in 2009, including a 2.63 ERA in 30 appearances this season.
San Diego certainly has the bullpen depth to withstand losing Gregerson, as Heath Bell, Chad Qualls, Ernesto Frieri, Mike Adams, Pat Neshek, and Cory Luebke all have ERAs under 3.50 (thanks largely to Petco Park, but still).
Gregerson is hoping to return when eligible to come off the DL, but oblique injuries tend to linger.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)