Jun 10, 2011, 1:24 PM EDT
Gregerson isn’t a household name, but he has a 3.14 ERA and 196 strikeouts in 181 innings since debuting in 2009, including a 2.63 ERA in 30 appearances this season.
San Diego certainly has the bullpen depth to withstand losing Gregerson, as Heath Bell, Chad Qualls, Ernesto Frieri, Mike Adams, Pat Neshek, and Cory Luebke all have ERAs under 3.50 (thanks largely to Petco Park, but still).
Gregerson is hoping to return when eligible to come off the DL, but oblique injuries tend to linger.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 33
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 31
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 45
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 105
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 32