Jun 10, 2011, 7:22 PM EST
Travis Buck and his wife were involved in a car accident while riding in a taxi in Manhattan on Thurday morning, landing both in the hosptial briefly.
Fortunately, they came out of it fine. Manager Manny Acta said Travis had “a little bit of whiplash” and was “a little dazed.” Buck was originally scheduled to DH against the Yankees tonight, but the Indians opted to scratch him and go with Cord Phelps instead. Buck will be in uniform and could be available off the bench.
Buck has yet to talk to the media about what happened. An Indians spokesman called the accident a “minor fender bender.”
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (88)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)