Jun 10, 2011, 7:22 PM EST
Travis Buck and his wife were involved in a car accident while riding in a taxi in Manhattan on Thurday morning, landing both in the hosptial briefly.
Fortunately, they came out of it fine. Manager Manny Acta said Travis had “a little bit of whiplash” and was “a little dazed.” Buck was originally scheduled to DH against the Yankees tonight, but the Indians opted to scratch him and go with Cord Phelps instead. Buck will be in uniform and could be available off the bench.
Buck has yet to talk to the media about what happened. An Indians spokesman called the accident a “minor fender bender.”
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (81)