Jun 10, 2011, 7:22 PM EDT
Travis Buck and his wife were involved in a car accident while riding in a taxi in Manhattan on Thurday morning, landing both in the hosptial briefly.
Fortunately, they came out of it fine. Manager Manny Acta said Travis had “a little bit of whiplash” and was “a little dazed.” Buck was originally scheduled to DH against the Yankees tonight, but the Indians opted to scratch him and go with Cord Phelps instead. Buck will be in uniform and could be available off the bench.
Buck has yet to talk to the media about what happened. An Indians spokesman called the accident a “minor fender bender.”
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)