Jun 11, 2011, 6:45 PM EDT
The Dodgers will attempt to snap a three-game losing streak later tonight against the Rockies. And fortunately for them, they have one of the hottest hitters in baseball back in their lineup.
Matt Kemp, who was held out of the lineup yesterday due to tightness in his left hamstring, is back in center field for tonight’s game. Though Kemp didn’t start yesterday, he did launch a pinch-hit solo homer off Matt Belisle in the ninth inning. The Dodgers made things interesting by scoring five runs in the frame, but their late rally fell one run short.
Kemp currently ranks third in the National League with a .332 batting average, first with 19 home runs and second with 54 RBI. He is batting .455 (15-for-33) with six homers and 14 RBI this month.
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness