Jun 11, 2011, 6:45 PM EDT
The Dodgers will attempt to snap a three-game losing streak later tonight against the Rockies. And fortunately for them, they have one of the hottest hitters in baseball back in their lineup.
Matt Kemp, who was held out of the lineup yesterday due to tightness in his left hamstring, is back in center field for tonight’s game. Though Kemp didn’t start yesterday, he did launch a pinch-hit solo homer off Matt Belisle in the ninth inning. The Dodgers made things interesting by scoring five runs in the frame, but their late rally fell one run short.
Kemp currently ranks third in the National League with a .332 batting average, first with 19 home runs and second with 54 RBI. He is batting .455 (15-for-33) with six homers and 14 RBI this month.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 33
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 53
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 78
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 60
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)