Jun 11, 2011, 6:45 PM EDT
The Dodgers will attempt to snap a three-game losing streak later tonight against the Rockies. And fortunately for them, they have one of the hottest hitters in baseball back in their lineup.
Matt Kemp, who was held out of the lineup yesterday due to tightness in his left hamstring, is back in center field for tonight’s game. Though Kemp didn’t start yesterday, he did launch a pinch-hit solo homer off Matt Belisle in the ninth inning. The Dodgers made things interesting by scoring five runs in the frame, but their late rally fell one run short.
Kemp currently ranks third in the National League with a .332 batting average, first with 19 home runs and second with 54 RBI. He is batting .455 (15-for-33) with six homers and 14 RBI this month.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)