Jun 11, 2011, 6:45 PM EST
The Dodgers will attempt to snap a three-game losing streak later tonight against the Rockies. And fortunately for them, they have one of the hottest hitters in baseball back in their lineup.
Matt Kemp, who was held out of the lineup yesterday due to tightness in his left hamstring, is back in center field for tonight’s game. Though Kemp didn’t start yesterday, he did launch a pinch-hit solo homer off Matt Belisle in the ninth inning. The Dodgers made things interesting by scoring five runs in the frame, but their late rally fell one run short.
Kemp currently ranks third in the National League with a .332 batting average, first with 19 home runs and second with 54 RBI. He is batting .455 (15-for-33) with six homers and 14 RBI this month.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)