Jun 11, 2011, 6:45 PM EST
The Dodgers will attempt to snap a three-game losing streak later tonight against the Rockies. And fortunately for them, they have one of the hottest hitters in baseball back in their lineup.
Matt Kemp, who was held out of the lineup yesterday due to tightness in his left hamstring, is back in center field for tonight’s game. Though Kemp didn’t start yesterday, he did launch a pinch-hit solo homer off Matt Belisle in the ninth inning. The Dodgers made things interesting by scoring five runs in the frame, but their late rally fell one run short.
Kemp currently ranks third in the National League with a .332 batting average, first with 19 home runs and second with 54 RBI. He is batting .455 (15-for-33) with six homers and 14 RBI this month.
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 26
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 149
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 15
- Rockies trade Dexter Fowler to Astros for Jordan Lyles 24
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (150)
- My imaginary Hall of Fame ballot (89)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (74)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (71)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)