Jun 11, 2011, 1:21 PM EST
Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram passes along notice that the Rangers have activated second baseman Ian Kinsler from paternity leave and optioned Chris Davis back to Triple-A Round Rock in time for Saturday’s game against the Twins.
Kinsler spent just three days away from the Rangers, missing only two games, to be with his wife and newborn child. Jack Jamisson Kinsler, the couple’s second kid, was delivered at a healthy six pounds and nine ounces on Wednesday afternoon.
Kinsler got off to a hot start this season, posting an .813 OPS, five home runs and 12 RBI in the month of April. He has tailed off a bit since the beginning of May, but the Rangers have to be satisfied that he is at least staying healthy and they’ll simply hope that he soon gets back to his old slugging ways. Kinsler still boasts a quality .277/.356/.451 career slash line.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)