Jun 11, 2011, 1:21 PM EDT
Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram passes along notice that the Rangers have activated second baseman Ian Kinsler from paternity leave and optioned Chris Davis back to Triple-A Round Rock in time for Saturday’s game against the Twins.
Kinsler spent just three days away from the Rangers, missing only two games, to be with his wife and newborn child. Jack Jamisson Kinsler, the couple’s second kid, was delivered at a healthy six pounds and nine ounces on Wednesday afternoon.
Kinsler got off to a hot start this season, posting an .813 OPS, five home runs and 12 RBI in the month of April. He has tailed off a bit since the beginning of May, but the Rangers have to be satisfied that he is at least staying healthy and they’ll simply hope that he soon gets back to his old slugging ways. Kinsler still boasts a quality .277/.356/.451 career slash line.
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 0
- Jose Abreu is third-fastest in MLB history to reach 30 career home runs 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 10
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 200
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)