Jun 11, 2011, 1:21 PM EST
Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram passes along notice that the Rangers have activated second baseman Ian Kinsler from paternity leave and optioned Chris Davis back to Triple-A Round Rock in time for Saturday’s game against the Twins.
Kinsler spent just three days away from the Rangers, missing only two games, to be with his wife and newborn child. Jack Jamisson Kinsler, the couple’s second kid, was delivered at a healthy six pounds and nine ounces on Wednesday afternoon.
Kinsler got off to a hot start this season, posting an .813 OPS, five home runs and 12 RBI in the month of April. He has tailed off a bit since the beginning of May, but the Rangers have to be satisfied that he is at least staying healthy and they’ll simply hope that he soon gets back to his old slugging ways. Kinsler still boasts a quality .277/.356/.451 career slash line.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)