Jun 11, 2011, 1:21 PM EDT
Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram passes along notice that the Rangers have activated second baseman Ian Kinsler from paternity leave and optioned Chris Davis back to Triple-A Round Rock in time for Saturday’s game against the Twins.
Kinsler spent just three days away from the Rangers, missing only two games, to be with his wife and newborn child. Jack Jamisson Kinsler, the couple’s second kid, was delivered at a healthy six pounds and nine ounces on Wednesday afternoon.
Kinsler got off to a hot start this season, posting an .813 OPS, five home runs and 12 RBI in the month of April. He has tailed off a bit since the beginning of May, but the Rangers have to be satisfied that he is at least staying healthy and they’ll simply hope that he soon gets back to his old slugging ways. Kinsler still boasts a quality .277/.356/.451 career slash line.
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 0
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 4
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 9
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 29
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 19
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (188)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)