Jun 12, 2011, 12:15 PM EST
Colon suffered the injury in the seventh inning of Saturday’s 6-0 defeat of the Indians.
He allowed only two hits over 6 2/3 frames before exiting that start and has been just as reliable for almost the entire 2011 regular season. A shot-in-the-dark free agent signing this winter, the 38-year-old Colon has registered a stellar 3.10 ERA and 1.07 WHIP across 78 1/3 innings as a first-time wearer of the Yankees’ pinstripes. He’s tallied 72 strikeouts and just 18 walks.
The Yanks recalled 24-year-old Hector Noesi from Triple-A in a corresponding move. He posted a 1.76 ERA and 1.04 WHIP in 15 1/3 innings of relief for New York earlier this season and has been operating as a starter in the minor leagues. Perhaps he’ll get the first crack at the Yanks’ now-vacant rotation spot.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 15
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 69
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 120
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 35
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (120)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (102)