Jun 12, 2011, 3:40 PM EST
Twins left-hander Francisco Liriano has thrown a no-hitter through seven innings this afternoon against the Rangers, who currently sit atop the American League West standings and boast one of the highest run totals in all of baseball.
The only baserunner he has allowed came via an error by third baseman Luke Hughes in the seventh.
Liriano, who delivered a no-hitter against the White Sox a little over one month ago, has thrown 73 pitches through seven versus Texas. He has eight punch-outs and, of course, has not issued a walk.
MLB.com is providing free live look-ins while Liriano is on the mound. The Twins lead 1-0.
UPDATE: The bottom of the seventh inning took close to 30 minutes while the Twins tacked on five more runs, pushing the score to 6-0. That idle time clearly messed with Liriano’s rhythm as he rang up a 3-0 count then gave up a single to Rangers third baseman Adrian Beltre at the beginning of the eighth. No-hitter erased.
- Blue Jays acquire Josh Donaldson in a trade with the Athletics 40
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 164
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (164)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)