Jun 12, 2011, 3:40 PM EST
Twins left-hander Francisco Liriano has thrown a no-hitter through seven innings this afternoon against the Rangers, who currently sit atop the American League West standings and boast one of the highest run totals in all of baseball.
The only baserunner he has allowed came via an error by third baseman Luke Hughes in the seventh.
Liriano, who delivered a no-hitter against the White Sox a little over one month ago, has thrown 73 pitches through seven versus Texas. He has eight punch-outs and, of course, has not issued a walk.
MLB.com is providing free live look-ins while Liriano is on the mound. The Twins lead 1-0.
UPDATE: The bottom of the seventh inning took close to 30 minutes while the Twins tacked on five more runs, pushing the score to 6-0. That idle time clearly messed with Liriano’s rhythm as he rang up a 3-0 count then gave up a single to Rangers third baseman Adrian Beltre at the beginning of the eighth. No-hitter erased.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (373)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (91)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)