Jun 12, 2011, 3:40 PM EDT
Twins left-hander Francisco Liriano has thrown a no-hitter through seven innings this afternoon against the Rangers, who currently sit atop the American League West standings and boast one of the highest run totals in all of baseball.
The only baserunner he has allowed came via an error by third baseman Luke Hughes in the seventh.
Liriano, who delivered a no-hitter against the White Sox a little over one month ago, has thrown 73 pitches through seven versus Texas. He has eight punch-outs and, of course, has not issued a walk.
MLB.com is providing free live look-ins while Liriano is on the mound. The Twins lead 1-0.
UPDATE: The bottom of the seventh inning took close to 30 minutes while the Twins tacked on five more runs, pushing the score to 6-0. That idle time clearly messed with Liriano’s rhythm as he rang up a 3-0 count then gave up a single to Rangers third baseman Adrian Beltre at the beginning of the eighth. No-hitter erased.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (123)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona