Jun 12, 2011, 11:21 AM EDT
Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram passes along notice that the Rangers have placed catcher Mike Napoli on the 15-day disabled list with a strained oblique muscle and recalled Taylor Teagarden from Triple-A Round Rock.
Napoli is likely to miss at least three weeks and could be out for as long as a month. The 29-year-old has a healthy .221/.344/.493 batting line through 163 plate appearances this season with 10 home runs and 25 RBI. He’s started 20 games at catcher, 14 games at first base and five games at DH.
Yorvit Torrealba is starting behind the plate in Sunday’s series finale against the Twins and is likely to serve as the Rangers’ primary catcher for the rest of June. Teagarden will operate as Torrealba’s backup, making infrequent starts.
- Thanks to Jeff Loria, Miami gets shut out of the Super Bowl 13
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. 88
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 64
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 54
- Joe Maddon shows us why limited instant replay and manager challenges are bad ideas 47
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (94)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (88)
- Yankees School of Witchcraft and Wizardry (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery