Jun 13, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Wandy Rodriguez returning from the disabled list today was initially expected to bump rookie Jordan Lyles from the Astros’ rotation and back to the minors, but now Zachary Levine of the Houston Chronicle reports that the 20-year-old right-hander will stick around.
Lyles is no longer being viewed as a fill-in starter, as the Astros will instead move Rule 5 pick Aneury Rodriguez to the bullpen and option Jeff Fulchino to Triple-A to make room for Rodriguez’s return.
Lyles followed up an impressive debut with a rough second start, but the 2008 first-round pick bounced back to throw 6.1 innings of two-run ball against the Braves on Saturday. His next start will be Thursday against the Pirates.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)