Jun 13, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Wandy Rodriguez returning from the disabled list today was initially expected to bump rookie Jordan Lyles from the Astros’ rotation and back to the minors, but now Zachary Levine of the Houston Chronicle reports that the 20-year-old right-hander will stick around.
Lyles is no longer being viewed as a fill-in starter, as the Astros will instead move Rule 5 pick Aneury Rodriguez to the bullpen and option Jeff Fulchino to Triple-A to make room for Rodriguez’s return.
Lyles followed up an impressive debut with a rough second start, but the 2008 first-round pick bounced back to throw 6.1 innings of two-run ball against the Braves on Saturday. His next start will be Thursday against the Pirates.
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 0
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 14
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 37
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 181
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 38
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (181)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)