Jun 13, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
This is really a play for this season, because surgery would end it and rehab has at least a shot at getting him back in uniform. Over the long haul, though, he’s expected to need surgery due to the damage he did to it.
This is one of those deals where, if the Giants weren’t contenders, or if Sanchez was some hot up-and-coming dude, you’d probably want to do surgery now, but if there’s a chance that Sanchez can be back to provide depth and a potentially useful bat in a playoff push or in the playoffs themselves, the Giants owe to themselves to give it a crack.
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 152
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 16
- Rockies trade Dexter Fowler to Astros for Jordan Lyles 24
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (152)
- My imaginary Hall of Fame ballot (89)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (78)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (74)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)