Jun 13, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
This is really a play for this season, because surgery would end it and rehab has at least a shot at getting him back in uniform. Over the long haul, though, he’s expected to need surgery due to the damage he did to it.
This is one of those deals where, if the Giants weren’t contenders, or if Sanchez was some hot up-and-coming dude, you’d probably want to do surgery now, but if there’s a chance that Sanchez can be back to provide depth and a potentially useful bat in a playoff push or in the playoffs themselves, the Giants owe to themselves to give it a crack.
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 0
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 50
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 41
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 117
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)