Jun 13, 2011, 8:25 AM EDT
I’m torn about the Mavericks winning a title. On the one hand, hey, great for them! On the other hand, this is only going to increase the “baseball should totally let Mark Cuban buy a team!” chorus that happens every time a current owner so much as farts out of key. Oh well, here’s what else went down:
- Realignment? Eliminating divisions? Hurm.
- A key break in the Bryan Stow beating case.
- Elvis Andrus lollygaged the ball around the infield. He lollygaged his way down to first. He lollygaged in and out of the dugout. You know what that makes him? A lollygagger!
- Pablo Sandoval catching? Hmm, he might want to gain some weight for that …
- Colby Rasmus’ father runs his mouth again.
- Johan Santana could be back by late July. Not sure that I’d actually pitch him, but hey, the Mets aren’t my team.
- More carnage for the Giants. Freddy Sanchez goes down and Bill Hall enters the picture.
- Jason Heyward hits off a tee; later the tee publicly questions Heyward’s toughness.
- It’s not getting better for Aroldis Chapman.
- Things got chippy between the Indians and Yankees over the weekend.
- Somebody asked former Mets hitting coach Howard Johnson about benching Jason Bay, so he offered his opinion. No word on whether someone yelled “Howard Johnson is right!”
- Mark Ellis may have lost his job.
Now, hockey, please, finish this non-baseball nonsense off, OK?
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 12
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 28
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)