HBT Weekend Wrap

Jun 13, 2011, 8:25 AM EDT

Dallas Mavericks v Miami Heat - Game Six Getty Images

I’m torn about the Mavericks winning a title. On the one hand, hey, great for them!  On the other hand, this is only going to increase the “baseball should totally let Mark Cuban buy a team!” chorus that happens every time a current owner so much as farts out of key.  Oh well, here’s what else went down:

Now, hockey, please, finish this non-baseball nonsense off, OK?

1. proudlycanadian - Jun 13, 2011 at 8:55 AM

As far as hockey is concerned, I have to say Go Canucks Go! I enjoy visiting both Boston and Vancouver, but I have to go for Vancouver to win tonight in the TD Garden. TD by the way stands for the Toronto Dominion Bank which has expanded into the Eastern USA.

• sportsdrenched - Jun 13, 2011 at 9:30 AM

I still listen to Rush, I get it.

But please take Caline Dion and Bryan Adams back and I’ll learn the words to O’ Canada, and visit Banff on my next vacation.

• cur68 - Jun 13, 2011 at 9:34 AM

No ‘drenched; Adams and Dion are now yours. We are keeping Twain and Neal Young. You can have f$%king Bieber, though. We’ll throw in Ace Ventura to sweeten the deal.

• proudlycanadian - Jun 13, 2011 at 9:53 AM

I fully agree with cur68.

• raysfan1 - Jun 14, 2011 at 12:34 AM

We’ll accept Adams, Dion, & even Michael J Fox IF we get Shania Twain as part of the bargain. Justin “Biever” must stay north of the border under all circumstances though!

• cur68 - Jun 13, 2011 at 9:32 AM

no jay’s game tonight so i shall have ample time to take in some nhl history. go ‘nucks!

2. koufaxmitzvah - Jun 13, 2011 at 9:21 AM

Mark Cuban should buy the Dodgers because Frank McCourt is a fart out of key.

3. aceshigh11 - Jun 13, 2011 at 10:12 AM

Thank god the Heat were thoroughly humiliated. What a great weekend between that the Red Sox.

4. sabathiawouldbegoodattheeighthtoo - Jun 13, 2011 at 11:06 AM

Not sure if it was this weekend or not, but this also happened:

Site slightly NSFW, but this page is OK. Ranks up there with the dad dropping his daughter to catch a ball…

Colby-on-Colby crime in Toronto