Jun 13, 2011, 7:05 PM EDT
And he deserves better than a 2-8 record this season.
I would like to formally wish @SimplyAJ10 luck in crossing the CA border 2nite. High powered immigration lawyer on flight just in case!
SimplyAJ10 happens to be teammate Adam Jones, and Guthrie is, of course, referring to the incident in Toronto last year when Jones was detained by customs officials as the Orioles went to play the Blue Jays.
So, best of luck to Jones and better luck to Guthrie, who has a 3.77 ERA to go along with his 2-8 record. Jake Arrieta has somehow gone 8-3 for the same team while posting a 4.48 ERA in his 14 starts.
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 38
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 40
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 6
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 13
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)