Jun 13, 2011, 7:05 PM EST
And he deserves better than a 2-8 record this season.
I would like to formally wish @SimplyAJ10 luck in crossing the CA border 2nite. High powered immigration lawyer on flight just in case!
SimplyAJ10 happens to be teammate Adam Jones, and Guthrie is, of course, referring to the incident in Toronto last year when Jones was detained by customs officials as the Orioles went to play the Blue Jays.
So, best of luck to Jones and better luck to Guthrie, who has a 3.77 ERA to go along with his 2-8 record. Jake Arrieta has somehow gone 8-3 for the same team while posting a 4.48 ERA in his 14 starts.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 9
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 8
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 18
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 31
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)