Jun 13, 2011, 7:05 PM EST
And he deserves better than a 2-8 record this season.
I would like to formally wish @SimplyAJ10 luck in crossing the CA border 2nite. High powered immigration lawyer on flight just in case!
SimplyAJ10 happens to be teammate Adam Jones, and Guthrie is, of course, referring to the incident in Toronto last year when Jones was detained by customs officials as the Orioles went to play the Blue Jays.
So, best of luck to Jones and better luck to Guthrie, who has a 3.77 ERA to go along with his 2-8 record. Jake Arrieta has somehow gone 8-3 for the same team while posting a 4.48 ERA in his 14 starts.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 77
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 45
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 26
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)