Jun 13, 2011, 7:05 PM EDT
And he deserves better than a 2-8 record this season.
I would like to formally wish @SimplyAJ10 luck in crossing the CA border 2nite. High powered immigration lawyer on flight just in case!
SimplyAJ10 happens to be teammate Adam Jones, and Guthrie is, of course, referring to the incident in Toronto last year when Jones was detained by customs officials as the Orioles went to play the Blue Jays.
So, best of luck to Jones and better luck to Guthrie, who has a 3.77 ERA to go along with his 2-8 record. Jake Arrieta has somehow gone 8-3 for the same team while posting a 4.48 ERA in his 14 starts.
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 1
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 20
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 22
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 35
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)