Jun 13, 2011, 2:20 PM EDT
Last night Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post reported that Ryan Zimmerman could return from the disabled list as soon as Tuesday and today he confirmed it via team source, writing: “Now it’s definite.”
Zimmerman, who’s been out since mid-April with an abdominal injury that required surgery, went 8-for-21 (.381) with four extra-base hits and a 1.054 OPS while rehabbing in the minors.
He was off to a great start prior to the injury, hitting .357 with a 1.022 OPS through eight games, but Jerry Hairston Jr. and Alex Cora have struggled to replace him at third base, combining to hit just .255 with two homers and a .648 OPS since April 10.
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 55
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (113)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte