Jun 13, 2011, 8:32 PM EDT
Another injury for the Dodgers’ bullpen? Sure, why not?
Padilla was pulled from a minor league rehab assignment earlier this month due to a bulging disc in his neck. The veteran right-hander was shut down last September with the very same injury, though it hasn’t required surgery until now.
Padilla, who re-signed with the Dodgers over the winter, underwent surgery in February to release a trapped nerve in his forearm. He actually found himself closing games upon his return in late-April, but went right back on the disabled list on May 14 with forearm discomfort.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 9
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 100
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (109)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)