Jun 13, 2011, 8:32 PM EST
Another injury for the Dodgers’ bullpen? Sure, why not?
Padilla was pulled from a minor league rehab assignment earlier this month due to a bulging disc in his neck. The veteran right-hander was shut down last September with the very same injury, though it hasn’t required surgery until now.
Padilla, who re-signed with the Dodgers over the winter, underwent surgery in February to release a trapped nerve in his forearm. He actually found himself closing games upon his return in late-April, but went right back on the disabled list on May 14 with forearm discomfort.
- Grant Balfour’s deal with Orioles in “serious jeopardy” due to shoulder issue 10
- Report: Rakuten will not allow Masahiro Tanaka come to the United States 63
- Mariners showing “continued interest” in Ervin Santana 10
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! 89
- Dodgers re-sign left-handed reliever J.P. Howell to a two-year, $11.5 million contract 4