Jun 13, 2011, 8:32 PM EDT
Another injury for the Dodgers’ bullpen? Sure, why not?
Padilla was pulled from a minor league rehab assignment earlier this month due to a bulging disc in his neck. The veteran right-hander was shut down last September with the very same injury, though it hasn’t required surgery until now.
Padilla, who re-signed with the Dodgers over the winter, underwent surgery in February to release a trapped nerve in his forearm. He actually found himself closing games upon his return in late-April, but went right back on the disabled list on May 14 with forearm discomfort.
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 8
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 14
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)