Jun 13, 2011, 8:32 PM EDT
Another injury for the Dodgers’ bullpen? Sure, why not?
Padilla was pulled from a minor league rehab assignment earlier this month due to a bulging disc in his neck. The veteran right-hander was shut down last September with the very same injury, though it hasn’t required surgery until now.
Padilla, who re-signed with the Dodgers over the winter, underwent surgery in February to release a trapped nerve in his forearm. He actually found himself closing games upon his return in late-April, but went right back on the disabled list on May 14 with forearm discomfort.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)