Jun 14, 2011, 9:11 PM EDT
UPDATE: So much for that. Orlando Cabrera just broke up the no-hit bid with a clean single to center field with one out in the eighth.
I have a feeling this won’t be the last time we track a no-hitter in progress for Verlander.
9:05 PM: We have a no-hit bid in progress tonight, as Justin Verlander has held the Indians hitless through seven innings. The Tigers currently lead the game 4-0.
Verlander has walked one, hit a batter and struck out 10 while throwing 52 out of 99 pitches for strikes.
Of course, he already has two no-hitters in his career, including one on May 7 against the Blue Jays. Only Cy Young, Bob Feller, Larry Corcoran, Sandy Koufax and Nolan Ryan have pitched more than two no-hitters.
- Ryne Sandberg opines on baseball’s steroid era 19
- Watch David Wells’ perfect game from 15 years ago today 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 61
- Army Lt. Col. surprises daughter on ceremonial first pitch 34
- Bryce Harper in Nationals’ lineup for first time since crashing into right field wall 8
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness