Jun 14, 2011, 9:11 PM EDT
UPDATE: So much for that. Orlando Cabrera just broke up the no-hit bid with a clean single to center field with one out in the eighth.
I have a feeling this won’t be the last time we track a no-hitter in progress for Verlander.
9:05 PM: We have a no-hit bid in progress tonight, as Justin Verlander has held the Indians hitless through seven innings. The Tigers currently lead the game 4-0.
Verlander has walked one, hit a batter and struck out 10 while throwing 52 out of 99 pitches for strikes.
Of course, he already has two no-hitters in his career, including one on May 7 against the Blue Jays. Only Cy Young, Bob Feller, Larry Corcoran, Sandy Koufax and Nolan Ryan have pitched more than two no-hitters.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 8
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 14
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)