Jun 14, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
A Northern California youth baseball league has barred Barry Bonds’ former personal trainer from coaching his son’s team. The president of the Burlingame Youth Baseball Association says Greg Anderson is not a registered coach and is prohibited from being on the field during games.
The kicker is that he hasn’t been a registered coach for years, but no one cared about it until some do-gooder complained to the league about him. Probably in response to the last round of publicity — which was itself occasioned by the Barry Bonds trial — rather anyone caring about his status as a non-registered dude.
Fame: it ain’t all it’s cracked up to be. Infamy is even worse.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12