Jun 14, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
A Northern California youth baseball league has barred Barry Bonds’ former personal trainer from coaching his son’s team. The president of the Burlingame Youth Baseball Association says Greg Anderson is not a registered coach and is prohibited from being on the field during games.
The kicker is that he hasn’t been a registered coach for years, but no one cared about it until some do-gooder complained to the league about him. Probably in response to the last round of publicity — which was itself occasioned by the Barry Bonds trial — rather anyone caring about his status as a non-registered dude.
Fame: it ain’t all it’s cracked up to be. Infamy is even worse.
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 11
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 10
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 9
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 80
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)