Jun 14, 2011, 10:02 AM EDT
I didn’t know there was a Mrs. Met. I also didn’t know that she married Mr. Met. And despite learning all of this just now, I find myself sad that they ended up getting a divorce.
If two baseball-headed mascots can’t make love work, what hope do the rest of us poor schmucks have?
(note: I am led to believe that the accompanying photo was taken during Mr. Met’s so-called “lost weekend” following his separation from Mrs. Met. They believed that the time apart would eventually bring them closer together, but alas, such was not the case)
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 13
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 43
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17