Jun 14, 2011, 10:02 AM EST
I didn’t know there was a Mrs. Met. I also didn’t know that she married Mr. Met. And despite learning all of this just now, I find myself sad that they ended up getting a divorce.
If two baseball-headed mascots can’t make love work, what hope do the rest of us poor schmucks have?
(note: I am led to believe that the accompanying photo was taken during Mr. Met’s so-called “lost weekend” following his separation from Mrs. Met. They believed that the time apart would eventually bring them closer together, but alas, such was not the case)
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 47
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 23
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 49
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 61
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)