Jun 14, 2011, 10:02 AM EDT
I didn’t know there was a Mrs. Met. I also didn’t know that she married Mr. Met. And despite learning all of this just now, I find myself sad that they ended up getting a divorce.
If two baseball-headed mascots can’t make love work, what hope do the rest of us poor schmucks have?
(note: I am led to believe that the accompanying photo was taken during Mr. Met’s so-called “lost weekend” following his separation from Mrs. Met. They believed that the time apart would eventually bring them closer together, but alas, such was not the case)
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)