Jun 14, 2011, 10:02 AM EST
I didn’t know there was a Mrs. Met. I also didn’t know that she married Mr. Met. And despite learning all of this just now, I find myself sad that they ended up getting a divorce.
If two baseball-headed mascots can’t make love work, what hope do the rest of us poor schmucks have?
(note: I am led to believe that the accompanying photo was taken during Mr. Met’s so-called “lost weekend” following his separation from Mrs. Met. They believed that the time apart would eventually bring them closer together, but alas, such was not the case)
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 33
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 60
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120