Jun 14, 2011, 10:02 AM EDT
I didn’t know there was a Mrs. Met. I also didn’t know that she married Mr. Met. And despite learning all of this just now, I find myself sad that they ended up getting a divorce.
If two baseball-headed mascots can’t make love work, what hope do the rest of us poor schmucks have?
(note: I am led to believe that the accompanying photo was taken during Mr. Met’s so-called “lost weekend” following his separation from Mrs. Met. They believed that the time apart would eventually bring them closer together, but alas, such was not the case)
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69