Jun 14, 2011, 9:12 AM EDT
In ATH this morning I voiced some qualified sentiment that perchance Magglio Ordonez‘s gunning down of Justin Ruggiano at the plate in the Tigers-Rays game was a blown call, deferring to the fact that I couldn’t see a really good replay.
Courtesy of reader ChurchOfThePerpetuallyOutraged, who pointed us to a pic from Jonah Keri’s Twitter feed from last night, I think we can take all of the qualifiers off that assessment.
And I link the pic instead of posting it here because it has dirty words on it, but if you can get past your queasiness over that, you will have Exhibit 1,249 for the prosecution in the case for instant replay.
UPDATE: A cleaned up version of the pic, plus more pics and analysis can be had over at DRaysBay.
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 0
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 45
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 24
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 35
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)