Jun 14, 2011, 9:12 AM EDT
In ATH this morning I voiced some qualified sentiment that perchance Magglio Ordonez‘s gunning down of Justin Ruggiano at the plate in the Tigers-Rays game was a blown call, deferring to the fact that I couldn’t see a really good replay.
Courtesy of reader ChurchOfThePerpetuallyOutraged, who pointed us to a pic from Jonah Keri’s Twitter feed from last night, I think we can take all of the qualifiers off that assessment.
And I link the pic instead of posting it here because it has dirty words on it, but if you can get past your queasiness over that, you will have Exhibit 1,249 for the prosecution in the case for instant replay.
UPDATE: A cleaned up version of the pic, plus more pics and analysis can be had over at DRaysBay.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 75
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 77
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 102
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (103)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- Jonathan Papelbon blows save, gets ejected for making rude gesture at booing crowd (77)