Jun 14, 2011, 9:12 AM EST
In ATH this morning I voiced some qualified sentiment that perchance Magglio Ordonez‘s gunning down of Justin Ruggiano at the plate in the Tigers-Rays game was a blown call, deferring to the fact that I couldn’t see a really good replay.
Courtesy of reader ChurchOfThePerpetuallyOutraged, who pointed us to a pic from Jonah Keri’s Twitter feed from last night, I think we can take all of the qualifiers off that assessment.
And I link the pic instead of posting it here because it has dirty words on it, but if you can get past your queasiness over that, you will have Exhibit 1,249 for the prosecution in the case for instant replay.
UPDATE: A cleaned up version of the pic, plus more pics and analysis can be had over at DRaysBay.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 24
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 65
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (237)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)