Jun 14, 2011, 4:17 PM EDT
Bullpen coach Rick Adair will take over for Connor, who was hired to replace Rick Krantz this offseason and had coached the Orioles’ staff to a 4.24 ERA that ranked 11th in the American League.
Connor has a long relationship with Orioles manager Buck Showalter, previously working as his pitching coach with the Yankees, Diamondbacks, and Rangers.
Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com reports that Connor informed the Orioles of his decision yesterday.
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 31
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 41
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 45
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 19
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)