Jun 14, 2011, 4:17 PM EDT
Bullpen coach Rick Adair will take over for Connor, who was hired to replace Rick Krantz this offseason and had coached the Orioles’ staff to a 4.24 ERA that ranked 11th in the American League.
Connor has a long relationship with Orioles manager Buck Showalter, previously working as his pitching coach with the Yankees, Diamondbacks, and Rangers.
Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com reports that Connor informed the Orioles of his decision yesterday.
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 9
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 73
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 11
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)