Jun 14, 2011, 4:17 PM EDT
Bullpen coach Rick Adair will take over for Connor, who was hired to replace Rick Krantz this offseason and had coached the Orioles’ staff to a 4.24 ERA that ranked 11th in the American League.
Connor has a long relationship with Orioles manager Buck Showalter, previously working as his pitching coach with the Yankees, Diamondbacks, and Rangers.
Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com reports that Connor informed the Orioles of his decision yesterday.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (107)