Jun 15, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
Arden Zwelling of MLB.com reports that Roberts “has been progressing through an upper-body exercise plan” without any problems, but “the team isn’t taking any chances with” his return timetable.
At this point the goal is for doctors to clear Roberts to resume baseball activities on June 21, which makes a return before the All-Star break highly unlikely even if he can avoid setbacks.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 7
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 9
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 8
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 54
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (110)