Jun 15, 2011, 8:47 AM EDT
Things you don’t really see when you just read the box score (and when you’re not following Twitter because you’re planning your weekend getaway): Cole Hamels may have pitched brilliantly last night, but he also was taken out of the game in the eighth inning due to back tightness.
A big deal? Probably not. Hamels and the Phillies were up big and he had already thrown 99 pitches, so it may have just been precautionary. Still, something to watch.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 62
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 51
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11