Jun 15, 2011, 8:47 AM EST
Things you don’t really see when you just read the box score (and when you’re not following Twitter because you’re planning your weekend getaway): Cole Hamels may have pitched brilliantly last night, but he also was taken out of the game in the eighth inning due to back tightness.
A big deal? Probably not. Hamels and the Phillies were up big and he had already thrown 99 pitches, so it may have just been precautionary. Still, something to watch.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (87)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)