Jun 15, 2011, 8:47 AM EST
Things you don’t really see when you just read the box score (and when you’re not following Twitter because you’re planning your weekend getaway): Cole Hamels may have pitched brilliantly last night, but he also was taken out of the game in the eighth inning due to back tightness.
A big deal? Probably not. Hamels and the Phillies were up big and he had already thrown 99 pitches, so it may have just been precautionary. Still, something to watch.
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 23
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 18
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 82
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)