Jun 15, 2011, 3:19 PM EDT
Casey Blake is out of the lineup today for the fifth straight game due to a sore neck, but he’s been able to pinch-hit during that time and the Dodgers are hoping he’ll be back in the lineup Friday.
Don Mattingly told Jim Peltz of the Los Angeles Times that Blake is scheduled to get a cortisone injection tonight to “speed his recovery” and will be able to spend Thursday’s off day recovering.
In the meantime Blake can pinch-hit and possibly even play first base, where long throws aren’t usually needed. Juan Uribe is starting in his place at third base today.
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 75
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 62
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 66
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)