Jun 15, 2011, 3:19 PM EDT
Casey Blake is out of the lineup today for the fifth straight game due to a sore neck, but he’s been able to pinch-hit during that time and the Dodgers are hoping he’ll be back in the lineup Friday.
Don Mattingly told Jim Peltz of the Los Angeles Times that Blake is scheduled to get a cortisone injection tonight to “speed his recovery” and will be able to spend Thursday’s off day recovering.
In the meantime Blake can pinch-hit and possibly even play first base, where long throws aren’t usually needed. Juan Uribe is starting in his place at third base today.
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 4
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 5
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 22
- Report: Mets considering demoting Ike Davis 4
- The Astros lost in spectacular fashion last night 26
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- Live Extra: Watch Game 3 between Sharks, Kings
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges