Jun 15, 2011, 3:19 PM EST
Casey Blake is out of the lineup today for the fifth straight game due to a sore neck, but he’s been able to pinch-hit during that time and the Dodgers are hoping he’ll be back in the lineup Friday.
Don Mattingly told Jim Peltz of the Los Angeles Times that Blake is scheduled to get a cortisone injection tonight to “speed his recovery” and will be able to spend Thursday’s off day recovering.
In the meantime Blake can pinch-hit and possibly even play first base, where long throws aren’t usually needed. Juan Uribe is starting in his place at third base today.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 26
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 56
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)