Jun 15, 2011, 3:19 PM EDT
Casey Blake is out of the lineup today for the fifth straight game due to a sore neck, but he’s been able to pinch-hit during that time and the Dodgers are hoping he’ll be back in the lineup Friday.
Don Mattingly told Jim Peltz of the Los Angeles Times that Blake is scheduled to get a cortisone injection tonight to “speed his recovery” and will be able to spend Thursday’s off day recovering.
In the meantime Blake can pinch-hit and possibly even play first base, where long throws aren’t usually needed. Juan Uribe is starting in his place at third base today.
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 44
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 44
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 6
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 13
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (89)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)