Jun 15, 2011, 3:19 PM EDT
Casey Blake is out of the lineup today for the fifth straight game due to a sore neck, but he’s been able to pinch-hit during that time and the Dodgers are hoping he’ll be back in the lineup Friday.
Don Mattingly told Jim Peltz of the Los Angeles Times that Blake is scheduled to get a cortisone injection tonight to “speed his recovery” and will be able to spend Thursday’s off day recovering.
In the meantime Blake can pinch-hit and possibly even play first base, where long throws aren’t usually needed. Juan Uribe is starting in his place at third base today.
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 24
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 5
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 10
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 11
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 20
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)