Jun 15, 2011, 5:07 PM EDT
Remember that odd report last week about the African-American churches sending a letter to Bud Selig supporting Frank McCourt as owner of the Dodgers? Well, according to Tim Brown at Yahoo! he’s getting support from the Los Angeles Hispanic community too. At least part of it.
The basis for that support? Not totally clear. McCourt and the Dodgers helped refurbish some sandlot fields and stuff and are described as having been good to the community — and somewhat more sensitive to the Hispanic market than previous Dodgers owners — but one still wonders whether that’s enough to go to bat for someone like McCourt. But hey, what do I know about politics?
Still, it’s not like McCourt and the Dodgers have always been supportive of that community. Specifically the small businesses within it …
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17