Jun 15, 2011, 1:50 PM EDT
Fresh off the disabled list, Hanley Ramirez is out of the Marlins’ lineup this afternoon and Joe Frisaro of MLB.com reports that he’ll be sitting out day games following night games for at least the next two weeks.
“That’s the doctor’s recommendation, so we have to follow it,” manager Edwin Rodriguez told Frisaro. “For two weeks, we will have to deal with that.”
Florida is playing a double-header today, so Ramirez is expected to be in the lineup for Game 2 tonight, but Frisaro reports that he’ll then likely sit out tomorrow’s day game.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 79
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 221
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (221)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)