Jun 15, 2011, 1:50 PM EST
Fresh off the disabled list, Hanley Ramirez is out of the Marlins’ lineup this afternoon and Joe Frisaro of MLB.com reports that he’ll be sitting out day games following night games for at least the next two weeks.
“That’s the doctor’s recommendation, so we have to follow it,” manager Edwin Rodriguez told Frisaro. “For two weeks, we will have to deal with that.”
Florida is playing a double-header today, so Ramirez is expected to be in the lineup for Game 2 tonight, but Frisaro reports that he’ll then likely sit out tomorrow’s day game.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)