Jun 15, 2011, 4:12 PM EDT
Joe Mauer‘s lengthy stint on the disabled list finally appears to be coming to an end, as the Twins catcher put the finishing touches on his rehab stint in the minors today by taking batting practice against fellow DL inhabitant Joe Nathan.
Mauer spoke to David Dorsey of the Fort Myers News Press afterward, saying: “I feel like I’m ready to get out of here.”
Mauer, who missed most of spring training following offseason knee surgery and has been on the DL since mid-April with further leg problems, looks likely to leave Florida and rejoin the Twins on Friday.
And it sounds like Nathan may not be far behind, telling Dorsey that he feels much better and is pleased with how his velocity has responded to the time off.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 36
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 30
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 86
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 17
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)