Jun 15, 2011, 4:12 PM EDT
Joe Mauer‘s lengthy stint on the disabled list finally appears to be coming to an end, as the Twins catcher put the finishing touches on his rehab stint in the minors today by taking batting practice against fellow DL inhabitant Joe Nathan.
Mauer spoke to David Dorsey of the Fort Myers News Press afterward, saying: “I feel like I’m ready to get out of here.”
Mauer, who missed most of spring training following offseason knee surgery and has been on the DL since mid-April with further leg problems, looks likely to leave Florida and rejoin the Twins on Friday.
And it sounds like Nathan may not be far behind, telling Dorsey that he feels much better and is pleased with how his velocity has responded to the time off.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 69
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (87)