Jun 15, 2011, 4:12 PM EDT
Joe Mauer‘s lengthy stint on the disabled list finally appears to be coming to an end, as the Twins catcher put the finishing touches on his rehab stint in the minors today by taking batting practice against fellow DL inhabitant Joe Nathan.
Mauer spoke to David Dorsey of the Fort Myers News Press afterward, saying: “I feel like I’m ready to get out of here.”
Mauer, who missed most of spring training following offseason knee surgery and has been on the DL since mid-April with further leg problems, looks likely to leave Florida and rejoin the Twins on Friday.
And it sounds like Nathan may not be far behind, telling Dorsey that he feels much better and is pleased with how his velocity has responded to the time off.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (90)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (84)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)