Jun 15, 2011, 8:02 PM EDT
Gorzelanny has been sidelined since the last week of May with inflammation in his throwing shoulder. He was shelled for five hits and four earned runs in a four-inning rehab start Monday evening at Triple-A Syracuse, but the Nats are going to ignore those results and throw him right back into the fire.
Gorzelanny had a quality 4.25 ERA, 1.23 WHIP and 58 strikeouts in 53 innings before landing on the 15-day disabled list. The Nationals optioned right-hander Yunesky Maya back to the Triple-A level on Wednesday afternoon to clear a spot in the starting rotation.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)