Jun 15, 2011, 11:34 AM EDT
The White Rabbit — fabbo nickname by the way, if it is indeed his nickname and not just his warm up music — is struggling. Big time. As Paul Gutierrez reports at CSN Bay Area, Cahill has gone 0-5 with a 5.67 ERA in his last seven starts.
Last night’s game was one of his worst. He walked seven guys, including Jeff Francoeur. Twice. That takes some doing. He threw two wild pitches and after the game said that he had no idea where the ball is going. He says it’s mechanical, and the fact that his control is so crazy as opposed to, say, his velocity, suggests that could be true. But man, I can’t recall the time such a good starter went sideways so totally and so unexpectedly like Cahill his without there being some physical problem.
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 6
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 18
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)