Jun 15, 2011, 11:34 AM EDT
The White Rabbit — fabbo nickname by the way, if it is indeed his nickname and not just his warm up music — is struggling. Big time. As Paul Gutierrez reports at CSN Bay Area, Cahill has gone 0-5 with a 5.67 ERA in his last seven starts.
Last night’s game was one of his worst. He walked seven guys, including Jeff Francoeur. Twice. That takes some doing. He threw two wild pitches and after the game said that he had no idea where the ball is going. He says it’s mechanical, and the fact that his control is so crazy as opposed to, say, his velocity, suggests that could be true. But man, I can’t recall the time such a good starter went sideways so totally and so unexpectedly like Cahill his without there being some physical problem.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (217)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)