Jun 15, 2011, 11:34 AM EDT
The White Rabbit — fabbo nickname by the way, if it is indeed his nickname and not just his warm up music — is struggling. Big time. As Paul Gutierrez reports at CSN Bay Area, Cahill has gone 0-5 with a 5.67 ERA in his last seven starts.
Last night’s game was one of his worst. He walked seven guys, including Jeff Francoeur. Twice. That takes some doing. He threw two wild pitches and after the game said that he had no idea where the ball is going. He says it’s mechanical, and the fact that his control is so crazy as opposed to, say, his velocity, suggests that could be true. But man, I can’t recall the time such a good starter went sideways so totally and so unexpectedly like Cahill his without there being some physical problem.
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 41
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 26
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 59
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 19
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)