Jun 15, 2011, 11:34 AM EDT
The White Rabbit — fabbo nickname by the way, if it is indeed his nickname and not just his warm up music — is struggling. Big time. As Paul Gutierrez reports at CSN Bay Area, Cahill has gone 0-5 with a 5.67 ERA in his last seven starts.
Last night’s game was one of his worst. He walked seven guys, including Jeff Francoeur. Twice. That takes some doing. He threw two wild pitches and after the game said that he had no idea where the ball is going. He says it’s mechanical, and the fact that his control is so crazy as opposed to, say, his velocity, suggests that could be true. But man, I can’t recall the time such a good starter went sideways so totally and so unexpectedly like Cahill his without there being some physical problem.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 53
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 40
- Joe Maddon shows us why limited instant replay and manager challenges are bad ideas 43
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore 65
- Apparently Miguel Cabrera’s 2013 has made his 2012 better somehow 55
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims