Jun 15, 2011, 5:40 PM EST
Fact: if you put anything in NCAA Tournament-style brackets, it’s instantly fun. Don’t tell me differently. I voted on stuff like “cats vs. dogs” on some blog my wife likes recently, all because they used brackets, so I know of what I speak.
The fact that MLB.com is doing that with a baseball-related topic is just extra bonus, because you’re predisposed to like that kind of thing if you’re reading this blog already. The topic: top moments in All-Star Game history. The real appeal: each little bracket pod has the video of the moment, so even if you don’t care about the votes, there’s a lot of good footage and memories there.
Although, really, it seems like they’re missing a moment or two. Like, maybe one that would spring to mind if I looked up and to the right … up … and to the right …
Ah, I’m just kidding. At the moment, I’m sort of liking the one below. If for no other reason than because “Dave Parker loaded up the canon” could mean a couple of different things in 1979, if you know what I mean.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 33
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 60
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120