Jun 15, 2011, 5:40 PM EDT
Fact: if you put anything in NCAA Tournament-style brackets, it’s instantly fun. Don’t tell me differently. I voted on stuff like “cats vs. dogs” on some blog my wife likes recently, all because they used brackets, so I know of what I speak.
The fact that MLB.com is doing that with a baseball-related topic is just extra bonus, because you’re predisposed to like that kind of thing if you’re reading this blog already. The topic: top moments in All-Star Game history. The real appeal: each little bracket pod has the video of the moment, so even if you don’t care about the votes, there’s a lot of good footage and memories there.
Although, really, it seems like they’re missing a moment or two. Like, maybe one that would spring to mind if I looked up and to the right … up … and to the right …
Ah, I’m just kidding. At the moment, I’m sort of liking the one below. If for no other reason than because “Dave Parker loaded up the canon” could mean a couple of different things in 1979, if you know what I mean.
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 31
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 40
- Brian Cashman calls out Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long 49
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 84
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL